Shopping results

1 2 3 4
 

Yohji Yamamoto was in a pensive mood, his quintessential blackness pervading most of the looks on the runway. The invitation itself was a crumpled piece of paper, as if had been discarded in a mailbox instead of a trash can. The clothes, too, had a feeling of rip-it-up-and-start-again, as if...

PARIS, France – There were surprising new silhouettes for Yohji Yamamoto's new collection. It looked like the history of clothing from the 70s until today, with a reworked, remastered collection that focuses on the real spectacle of exceptional clothes. We loved the amazing soft felt...

In an attempt to redefine the classic suit, Yohji Yamamoto introduces the process of "cut motion" and "motion sewing" into his YOHJI YAMAMOTO COSTUME D'HOMME line. The technology takes cues from the human skin and the movement of the body, taking into account Olympic athletes and Japanese...

Last week I was went to the V&A to watch Fashion in Motion featuring the work of Yohji Yamamoto. It was very much a continuation from the exhibition and featured work from the Spring/Summer 2011 collections. The models were real life couples (so cute!) an idea which Yohji had first put into...

Yohji Yamamoto's invitation simply stated "Same spot as usual!" — a reference to the venue, his building on Rue Saint Martin that houses the Paris office. But perhaps he was also, in typical style, riffing on his own legacy. His collections always seem to unfold on the runway, and we often...

e not ripping their clothes off if they only have 2 minutes to change. It's kind of funny that fashion shows are all about the clothes, yet for about half the time the clothes are not worn. Yohji Yamamoto claims he creates 80% of the clothes, but the other 20% is solely shaped by the person...

' Yohji Yamamoto This footwear range focuses on red, black and white color combinations in classic styles, such as the Yohji Pacer, Smith and Star as well as more technical hi tops, including the Campus Wrestling, X Bounce and GSGX. Presented during Paris Fashion Week at the Yohji Yamamoto

August 18, 2011 The International Designer Collection at this year's Westfield Style Pasifika: Best of Pasifika will include one-off garments from top international fashion designers such as Yohji Yamamoto from Japan and John Rocha from Ireland. This year's event is taking place as part of the...

The "Boots" t-shirt is part of a range of goods Yohji Yamamoto has designed exclusively for the V&A in conjunction with current retrospective exhibition on the designer. The tee features a graphic print of Yohji Yamamoto's beloved military boots, which he is seldom seen without. A key part of...

The School of Form and Function–Continuing his own stake at the timeless classic, Yohji Yamamoto delivers a spring 2012 collection with a scholarly apeal. Bringing together the oversize jacket with pleated skirts and cut away layers, an honest presentation progresses to reveal a joyous use of...